Yannic (CV) leads the Software Engineering research group @ SUTD and has the general research goal to shape the future of software development by contributing to the domain of automated software engineering and providing the means to develop reliable, trustworthy, and secure software systems. In particular, he works in the following areas:
- Automated Program Repair: developing new repair techniques to aid developers in fixing program bugs
- Machine Learning Analysis: automated analysis, testing, and repairing of machine learning models
- Software Testing: exploring and designing (hybrid) testing techniques to systematically generate test inputs that expose incorrect program behavior
- Intelligent Tutoring Systems: how to help CS students to learn programming by applying concepts from automated testing and repair to guide the students toward the right solution
- Human Factors in SE: studying developer needs and requirements for successful deployment of testing and repair techniques in development practice
His Ph.D. work focused on differential software testing, in particular, by combining fuzzing and symbolic execution in the context of regression analysis, algorithmic complexity analysis, side-channel analysis, and robustness analysis of neural networks.
|Feb 9, 2024
|Happy to be the Publicity Co-Chair for ISSTA 2025!🇳🇴🥳 If you also want to contribute, here is your chance! ISSTA is looking for competent and motivated reviewers for its 2025 edition. Nominate yourself (deadline Feb 20) using this form: https://t.co/BAxK2wN1V9.
|Jan 20, 2024
|Happy to share that our poster about “Exploring Complexity Estimation with Symbolic Execution and Large Language Models” has been accepted for the KLEE Workshop 2024!
|Jan 18, 2024
|I had fun participating in STEAMxD @ SUTD and teaching Singapore’s bright JC students about basic principles in machine learning!
|Dec 7, 2023
|Our work on “Evolutionary Testing for Program Repair” has been accepted for ICST 2024! With EvoRepair, we explore a coevolution approach that generates tests and repairs in a unified workflow using EvoSuite. Stay tuned for the pre-print :-)
|Nov 9, 2023
|I have been invited to serve on the Program Committee for ICSE 2025! Looking forward to many great submissions!!!
- ICSETrust Enhancement Issues in Program RepairIn Proceedings of the 44th International Conference on Software Engineering, 2022
- ISSTAQFuzz: Quantitative Fuzzing for Side ChannelsIn Proceedings of the 30th ACM SIGSOFT International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis, 2021
- PLDIConcolic Program RepairIn Proceedings of the 42nd ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation, 2021
- ICSEHyDiff: Hybrid Differential Software AnalysisIn Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE 42nd International Conference on Software Engineering, 2020
- ICSEDifFuzz: Differential Fuzzing for Side-channel AnalysisIn Proceedings of the 41st International Conference on Software Engineering, 2019
- ISSTABadger: Complexity Analysis with Fuzzing and Symbolic ExecutionIn Proceedings of the 27th ACM SIGSOFT International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis, 2018