Hey! I am Yannic, a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the National University of Singapore (NUS), working with Prof. Abhik Roychoudhury in program repair. My general research interests lie in automated software engineering, software testing/verification/repair to provide reliable, trustworthy, and secure software systems.
Before joining NUS in September 2020, I pursued my Ph.D. in the Software Engineering group (Prof. Lars Grunske) at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany. My Ph.D. work focused on differential software testing, in particular, by combining fuzzing and symbolic execution in the context of regression analysis, algorithmic complexity analysis, side-channel analysis, and robustness analysis of neural networks.
- December 2021: Our work on Trust Enhancement Issues in Program Repair has been accepted for ICSE 2022! Check our pre-print.
- December 2021: Happy to share, I am now a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the NUS.
- October 2021: I have been invited to serve on the Program Committee for ASE 2022!
- September 2021: I have been invited to serve as a PC member for ICSE 2023!
- July 2021: I have been invited to serve as a PC member for ISSTA 2022!
- July 2021: I have been selected as Distinguished Artifact Reviewer for ISSTA 2021!
- April 2021: Our work on Quantitative Fuzzing for Side Channels has been accepted for ISSTA 2021! Check our pre-print.
- March 2021: Our work on Concolic Program Repair has been (conditionally) accepted for PLDI 2021! Check our pre-print.
- October 2020: I am a co-chair of the NIER track at SCAM'2021. Stay tuned for the CfP and consider submitting your awesome ideas!
- September 2020: It's official, I'm a postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Computer Science at the National University of Singapore.
- September 2020: Proud to announce that I just passed my PhD defense with distinction! :) You can check my slides.
- July 2020: Our paper Evolutionary Grammar-Based Fuzzing got accepted at 12th Symposium on Search-Based Software Engineering (SSBSE 2020).
- June 2020: I finally submitted my PhD thesis! *yeah* :D 2016-2020, 4 years 2 months, 8715 hours.
- May 2020: I am a mentor for the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2020 for the project Symbolic PathFinder for Neural Network Analysis.
- December 2019: I am happy to announce that our paper HyDiff: Hybrid Differential Software Analysis has been accepted for ICSE 2020 :) A pre-print will be available soon!
- November 2019: Our paper about DifFuzz got accepted for presentation at SE2020 in Innsbruck, Austria.
- August 2019: Our paper Complete Shadow Symbolic Execution with Java PathFinder has been accepted for the Java Pathfinder Workshop 2019, which is colocated with ASE in San Diego. Pre-print will be available soon!
- May 2019: I am a mentor for the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2019 for the project Checking Assertions with Symbolic Pathfinder.
- May 2019: I will attend the Marktoberdorf Summer School 2019 on Safety and Security of Software Systems: Logics, Proofs, Applications.
- February 2019: Our tool paper Symbolic Pathfinder for SV-COMP has been accepted for the 8th International Competition on Software Verification (SV-COMP) held at TACAS 2019 in Prague, Czechia. Our tool SPF ranked 2nd in total and outperformed the other tools in terms of correct answers, the cpu time and the consumed energy (cf. the competition results).
- December 2018 : Our paper DifFuzz: Differential Fuzzing for Side-Channel Analysis got accepted for presentation at ICSE 2019. Check out our preprint!
- November 2018 : Our papers about Badger and Model Co-Evolution got accepted for presentation at SE2019 in Stuttgart, Germany.
- November 2018 : Attended the FSE 2018 in Orlando as a Student Volunteer!
- October 2018 : Moved again to California to work at the CMU SV (until February 2019).
- September 2018 : I am going to present my PhD topic at the Doctoral Symposium at ASE 2018 in Montpellier, France.
- August 2018 : Attended the 1st HU-KCL Research Workshop on Search-Based Model Engineering in London, UK.
- July 2018 : I will present our paper Badger: Complexity Analysis with Fuzzing and Symbolic Execution at the ISSTA 2018 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- May 2018 : I will attend ICSE 2018 as a student volunteer. Looking forward to the presentation of our paper Semantic Program Repair Using a Reference Implementation.
- March 2018 : Returned to HUB after a great time at the CMU SV.
- November 2017 : I presented our paper Shadow Symbolic Execution with Java PathFinder at the Java Pathfinder Workshop 2017, Urbana-Champagin, USA.
- September 2017 : I moved to California to do a research internship at the CMU SV (until March 2018) working with the group of Corina Pasareanu.
- June 2017: Visited the group of Abhik Roychoudhury at the National University of Singapore to work on new techniques for automated program repair.
- April 2016 : I just started my PhD :)